WRC strives to offer every volunteer with a unique and enjoyable experience here in Indonesia. But as an attempt to keep both the animals and yourself safe we need to apply certain rules and safety precautions that we expect to be adhered to at all times. Please read on for information.
Animal and Working Procedures
- Volunteers MUST be over the age 18. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Volunteers are required to be physically fit for working conditions in sometimes extreme heat. Cleaning enclosures, often with low headroom, will be required, walking short distances and early morning starts. If at any time you wish to opt out of an activity or are feeling unwell you MUST report to a member of staff.
- As all of our inhabitants are WILD ANIMALS we operate a strict NO TOUCHING the animals policy. Many of the animals are also going through rehabilitation processes so direct contact with humans should be kept minimal. Also animals have teeth.
- No selfies! In order to respect the needs of the animals we do not condone "Animal Selfies". However, photos of the animals are allowed in safe conditions and a member of staff may take photos of you whilst working with the animals. Please understand that the safety and respect of the animals here are our upmost priority.
- Appropriate clothing, footwear, gloves and mask MUST be worn around the animals at all times. Gloves, facemask and footwear will be provided.
- Volunteers must have good language skills in either English or Indonesian. These are the only two languages spoken by staff on site.
- Upon submitting a Booking Form you will be contacted by a member of staff and a request for deposit invoice will be sent to your specified email address. After the deposit payment has been made, your booking will be secure. Deposit amount will normally be 10% of your overall booking cost.
- A payment plan can be set up using Paypal whether you wish to pay in several installments or make a one off full payment can be requested by your preference.
- Paypal payments are preferred as they are safe and easy to do online. However, you can also make an International Bank Transfer if preferred. WRC staff can give you transaction details if requested.
- The deposit is non refundable. If your original dates become inconvenient after booking, usually they can be rearranged by discussion with staff.
- Cancellation costs. If you wish to cancel your entire trip for any reason the deposit is non refundable but any other payments can be refunded upon request.
- Full payment should be made prior to arrival. However, alternatives can be made to pay on arrival by discussion with staff.
- The Indonesian currency is Rupiah. The exchange rate is currently very high with 10 USD equaling approximately 140,000rp. Please be aware when converting your currency prior to arrival.